Kdevelop setup?

Daniel Tourde daniel.tourde at bredband.net
Sun Mar 30 01:37:05 UTC 2003

Hello,

 I have newly installed KDE 3.1 on my RH8 box (I used the KDE 3.1 RPMs
available on kde-redhat.sourceforge.net), then I downloaded from Ark
linux the SRPMS for Kdevelop3 alpha 3 (.spec file made by bero, former
employee of RedHat). I slightly modified the .spec file and I rebuilt
Kdevelop from the CVS (28/3/2003 (yesterday by the time I am writing
this message)) source code.

 When I started Kdevelop 3 for the first time I was expecting to see, as
in Kdevelop 2.x, a setup procedure, checking the presence of some tools
on the Linux installation, creating references to documentations, asking
for some look&feel setups... What was my surprise when I ended up
directly using Gideon.
 I noticed that the first time I ran KDE 3.1 on my RH8 machine, I did
not have to set up anything (look&feel, chosen languages...) as I have
to do under FreeBSD (KDE 3.1 also) or as I was used to do even under
RedHat Linux (until RH73). This surprised me too to say the least

 So here are my questions:
 - Does Gideon has a setup procedure as Kdevelop 2.x used to have?
 - If yes, why doesn't it start for me? Can it be an issue with RH8 and
KDE?
 - Is there a way to rerun the setup from Gideon directly?

 		Daniel