Gideon done falled apart for good this time!

falk.brettschneider at gmx.de falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Thu Mar 27 09:48:04 UTC 2003

Hi!

> I finally figured out that the component widgets are 'docking'.  I had
> similar
> problems with 2.1.5, but after playing with it for a while, I figured out
> some tricks.  But I can't get the build I just made off the CVS to go
> together for the life of me.  Is this only on my end, or is something in
> the
> code doing this to everybody?
Those dock widgets (they are in ./kdelibs/libkdeui.so) are quite vulnerable.
Small bugs have big effects. ;-)

If the target widget is set to 'block the docking', docking fails and the
widget remains undocked on desktop.
Well, somewhere in KDevelop (around in
./kdevelop/lib/qextmdi/src/qextmdimainfrm.cpp or ./kdevelop/src/mainwindow.cpp) are a few such bugs concerning to
the setting of those docking states. Sometimes and somehow the editorview
area blocks the docking of the the toolviews to its right and bottom side, on
program start respectively on a UI mode change.

If that was fixed, Gideon wouldn't fall apart any longer.
Have you got time for investigating a bit with debugging through that
problem?

>  Is there a way to blast the cache and
> restore
> the settings to defaults?
IIRC the docking state tree is saved to $HOME/.kde/share/config/gideonrc in
a special section. [Dock state] or something like this... not sure... you'll
see it...

> STH
Ciao
F at lk