Debuger is not working.

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Wed Mar 26 12:34:02 UTC 2003

Hi

>Sounds like you had a bad build or an old/bad debugger part perhaps. A pretty
>weird problem anyway. Good that it works now. So are we agreed that your
>patch isn't necessary?

yes :)

>This reminds me... Do we have a FAQ atm?
>
>Q/ I run the debugger and it doesn't stop at the breakpoints. The icons remain
>grey
>A/ There are two common problems here.
>1/ Recompile your program with debug on (for gcc use switchs -g). Note that
>the optimisation switch -On (n=0-3?) may be set but if it's set to >0 may
>cause some odd behaviour. (-O0 means optimisation off)
>2/ Make sure the executable you are trying to run exists. Set Project
>Options->Run Options->Main program to the executable.

Maybe you could you add a popup message when the user tries to run the
debugger but some of the prerequisites are not met.

Something like:
Warning : The optimizations are turned on, you may experience some
strange debugger behavior.
                 Please use -O0 compiler flag (Project
 Options->Configure Options -> Compiler Flags)  and
                 recompile the entire project to ensure "normal" results.

or

Warning : Executable file not found. Make sure the executable you are
trying to run exists. Set Project  Options->Run Options->Main program to
the executable.

Amilcar