Debuger is not working.

jbb jbb at kdevelop.org
Tue Mar 25 20:29:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 07:02, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> The gdb doesn't start
>
> Gideon just says:
> (gdb) set edit off
>
> and nothing more. All the breakpoints are gray.
>
> But I fresh recompiled the entire Gideon and it now works.
> Previously I didn't set the -g3 -O0 flags for Gideon compilation.
>
> I reopened the project where I had the problem, did Debug start (without
> even recompiling)
> and it worked.
>
> :/

Sounds like you had a bad build or an old/bad debugger part perhaps. A pretty
weird problem anyway. Good that it works now. So are we agreed that your
patch isn't necessary?

This reminds me... Do we have a FAQ atm?

Q/ I run the debugger and it doesn't stop at the breakpoints. The icons remain
grey
A/ There are two common problems here.
1/ Recompile your program with debug on (for gcc use switchs -g). Note that
the optimisation switch -On (n=0-3?) may be set but if it's set to >0 may
cause some odd behaviour. (-O0 means optimisation off)
2/ Make sure the executable you are trying to run exists. Set Project
Options->Run Options->Main program to the executable.

jbb