compilation problem

Raymond Orchison itis at it-systems.co.za
Mon Mar 17 12:35:05 UTC 2003

Hi,

Unfortunatley for me, I come from a windows programming background. I
ported a terminal emulation program to linux using RedHat 7.0 and the
kdevelop version that came installed with that, I also compiled it with
qt-1.45.

I am now trying to recompile it on RedHat 8.0 with kdevelop2.1.3 and
qt-3.0.5. I do a ./configure and then make, make complains with the
following error:

cd . && @ACLOCAL@
/bin/sh: line 1: @ACLOCAL@: command not found

I have tried downgrading autoconf to version 2.50 but that has been
unsuccessful. Can anyone explain to me the best way for me to get my
program installed in this version of linux and future versions, I am
wanting to create an rpm so that I can install this app on various
machines.

Thank you

Raymond

This email has been scanned by Xamime and Command Anti-Virus.
Every effort is made to ensure that this email is virus free,
however we cannot be held responsible for any viruses being sent.