Gideon problems and cosmetic patches

Jens Zurheide jens.zurheide at gmx.de
Sat Mar 15 08:14:02 UTC 2003

From: "Jens Zurheide" <jens.zurheide at gmx.de>

>> One major problem I had is that the build menu entry of the main menu is
>
>not
>
>> available for the "Childframe mode"
OK, I have investigated this a little bit. My system is a KDE-3.1 or
KDE-3.1-cvs both with QT-3.1.1. Both KDE versions show this problem with a
gideon built from current CVS. However if I take an older gideon source
tree of end of January this problem is not present. Thus I think that the
reason for the problem might be a change during the last 6 weeks.

>Strange, it doesn't happen here (Childframe mode too). Please, check if it
>helps to comment out the code line with the removing of the menuitem from
>menuBar() in src/mainwindow.cpp.
>
>> Undocking
>> an output tab removes the displays of all other tab labels
>
>Also not here, KDevelop-cvs, KDE-3.0.3, Qt-3.0.5 though.
Can't reproduce this one with KDE-3.1. Maybe just a temporary problem or one
in KDE-3.1-cvs. I will check this soon.

>> displayed as a blank line in the history part window
>
>I don't have a history part window at all. How do I activate it?
In "Configure Gideon..."|Parts check the "History" part. This is the second
or 6th one here depending on the gideon version. Under View|"Tree tool
views" ensure that "Recent" is activated. The history part window does not
have an icon in the tab but the help text is "recent files".

Ciao, Jens   --  Now generating a mega-diff-file and preparing mentally to
read through it.