CTRL-/ does buffer switching, emacs-style

Julian Rockey linux at jrockey.com
Fri Mar 14 18:22:05 UTC 2003

On Friday 14 Mar 2003 7:06 am, falk.brettschneider at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Can we remove the new added code in cvs for Ctrl+/ (buffer switching)
> again!?
> I think it's useless since the *Window menu in the menubar does exactly the
> same*. And we already have Alt+Cursorkeys.
>
> Cheers
> F at lk
The point is that it makes switching windows much quicker, if you have many
windows open and want to switch *without* using the mouse. I wrote it so I
could do CTRL-/, first couple of letters of file name, tab, return; in a
similar way to C-X b in Emacs. I agree the menu option could be removed from
gideon.rc, but personally I'd like to keep the shortcut.

If this function can be done with Alt+Cursorkeys or the Window menu, please
let me know!
cheers
Julian