Gideon problems and cosmetic patches

Jens Zurheide jens.zurheide at gmx.de
Thu Mar 13 00:01:26 UTC 2003

Hi!

I fixed some minor cosmetic things in gideon and stumbled over some major
things. But first let me say that I am impressed about the progress the
project has made over the last month. It seems to be possible for me now to
use gideon to work on itself.

One major problem I had is that the build menu entry of the main menu is not
available for the "Childframe mode" however it is available for the "IDEAl"
mode. One observation that might be interesting is that for the first start
of gideon the build menu entry appeared in childframe mode (my default). In
the meantime I have removed my gideonrc but that did not help. Generally I
have the impression that the qextmdi modes are completely broken. Undocking
an output tab removes the displays of all other tab labels and some more
things... Howerver the missing build menu entry really needs fixing.

Another thing I am scratching my head about is the history part. It seams
that the history part is initialized before the documentation parts are
initialized (Childframe mode). If you have a documentation window in the
list of open windows and reload the project the documentation window is
displayed as a blank line in the history part window until you click onto
the button in the MDI taskbar. If somebody could have a look for this
otherwise I will try to solve it ( ...somewhen :-( ).

But now to the patches:
- lib.qextmdi.patch is a no-brainer, I hope
- parts.history.patch  fixes some output problems when displaying files in
the /usr/include/g++ directory and maybe other locations as well.
- parts.doxygen.patch  implements a recent feature request to call the
doxytag program automatically if the SEARCHENGINE = yes line is found in
the Doxyfile. This one should not interfere with the one from Amilcar from
today.

Have fun,
Jens

PS: I hope, vi (as a fallback, bc its faster loading a specific file) did
not mess up the indentation.