Crash on loding project

Jens Zurheide jens.zurheide at gmx.de
Thu Mar 13 00:01:04 UTC 2003

>Hi,
>
>Commenting out text label setting, progress bar value doesn't break the
>program logic. I still get seg fault related to mAlloc() from
>libkdecore.so.4. This makes me think the crash is not related to
>label.setText, nor bar.setProgress cause when I commented maybeParse(...),
>no more crash.
>The crash seems to be random as sometimes, I only get it hang at fifth
>closing/loading the project, as it can crash at the first time. May be
> there is a memory corruption somewhere in maybeParse().
If it is a memory corruption this can be tracked down with valgrind
effectively. However since nobody else seems to experience this problem I
have a question: Have you checked your computer's ram lately? Does this
behaviour change if you open a large application like mozilla? (Just a
thought.)

Cheers, Jens