bug report

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Sat Mar 1 13:22:05 UTC 2003

Hello!

Caleb Tennis wrote:

>On Friday 28 February 2003 16:39, Zac Hansen wrote:
>

>>Is gideon supposed to run under 3.0?
>>
>>I noticed yesterday that the template for a C++ KDE Application Framework
>>doesn't build under 3.0.  Someone on IRC said they submitted this, but I
>>wasn't on the dev list then, and never saw what transpired..
>>
>>Should I not bother with gideon with 3.0?  Or are the 3.0 bug reports
>>useful?
>>

>Gideon should, as of this moment anyway, run on 3.0, but I don't know the
>exact minimum requirements (it may be 3.0.4?).  Perhaps one of the people on
>this list can help.  F at lk said he still has an interest in 3.0, so we'll
>probably continue supporting it, mostly, for a while.

The latest SuSE Linux version is 8.1 and it comes with Qt-3.0.5 and
KDE-3.0.3.
SuSE-8.0 has Qt-3.0.3 and KDE-3.0.0
We should support at least the newest SuSE.
Otherwise we would have fun for ourselves but not for the masses. ;-)

Ciao
F at lk

P.S.: Caleb, it shouldn't matter if it's 3.0.3 or 3.0.4, the difference
is small if I'm right.