[CODE] remote (embedded) debugging with kdevelop?

Stefan Taferner taferner at kde.org
Tue Jul 8 08:47:06 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 05:48, Roger Larsson wrote:
> Is there anything out there (several embedded Linux distributions use
> kdevelop, have they solved the problem?)

I have a solution here that works well with gideon, probably also with
kdevelop 2.x

http://members.aon.at/taf/linux/kdevelop-remote.tar.gz

Target host is currently hardcoded in rdebug.cpp
In kdevelop, replace "path to gdb" with rdebug, remove debugging shell.

You need a remote shell connection to the target host without password,
source files in the same path relative to you home on both machines,
and rdebug-remote on the target machine in the path so that it is found.
Ask me if you have problems.

Kind regards,
Stefan