[CODE] remote (embedded) debugging with kdevelop?

Roger Larsson roger.larsson at norran.net
Tue Jul 8 05:47:08 UTC 2003

Is there anything out there (several embedded Linux distributions use
kdevelop, have they solved the problem?)

I have made some own attempts of my own - se attached files.

Put remote-gdb into your path.
And put target.gdb into your projects source directory.

Then modify "Project option: Path to gdb: to "remote-"
(it will result in execution of remote-gdb... :-)

It does not quite work from kdevelop, but it kind of works from command line.

One future hook to use is to put a "filter" program on
gdb: target extended-remote | filter
This could interact with kdevelop (check if things are rebuild, if so transfer
and restart), and then forward the interface to the target.

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
Skellefteå