Problems compiling Gideon under FreeBSD.

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Wed Jul 2 17:30:24 UTC 2003

Hi,

On Monday 30 June 2003 16:29, Tony Byrne wrote:
>   $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/gideon
> --with-extra-includes=/usr/local/include/db3
> --with-extra-libs=/usr/local/lib
> configure:33833: checking for Berkeley DB >= 3
> configure:33882: rm -rf SunWS_cache; g++ -o conftest -Wnon-virtual-dtor
> -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings
> -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common  -ldb -pthread
> -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_THREAD_SAFE  conftest.cc  1>&5 In file included

well... your extra-includes are not passed to g++, so of course it does not
work.

Until the FreeBSD<->Auto*<->KDE buildsystems are settled, please use the
CXXFLAGS environment variables to set extra include and lib pathes.

Sorry for the lame answer, but KDevelop is based on the KDE buildsystem so
there is not much we can do there. I hope the situation is better when the
first betas of KDE 3.2 are released :(

Best regards,
Harry