Fwd: Re: QT designer

Julian Rockey linux at jrockey.com
Sun Jan 26 19:17:06 UTC 2003

On Sunday 26 Jan 2003 5:55 pm, Jakob Simon-Gaarde wrote:

> I know what you are talking about. I'm afraid there is not much I can do
> about it since it is designer that has the bad attitiude. It would be nice
> if designer just would save to the filename passed on to it. But it just
> seems to ignore it if the XML couldn't be read.
I've tried to get around this problem in the FileCreate part I've been
developing. Instead of kicking off designer with a non-existent file it
creates the .ui file first using a template, then calls designer (or whatever
program) to edit it. This gets around the designer-having-bad-attitude
problem and at the same time allows template-driven dialog/windows to be
defined within KDevelop, both globally and per-project.
cheers
Julian