Suggestion: cppsupport::addClassAttribute dialog

Serge Lussier serge.lussier at videotron.ca
Wed Jan 8 17:48:07 UTC 2003

HI there,

I am playing with a2 for improving the addClassAttribute dlg.

The actual GUI and features are very old ( 1998 ).
This is not the way it should be with today's very advanced
IDEs. Adding attributes to Classes should not be limited to only
"declare" the variable into the .h file...

Then if no one is working on it now, I will submit the following (see attached
image) soon:

I am using existing parts/cppsupport/AddClassAttributeDialog's code and
modifying and adding my stuff in it. - No hurt.

Basic/minimum attributes support:
 * type of the variable - ok there
 * Name of the variable - ok there
 * Access modifier - Ok there
 * Static variables MUST be ALSO instanciated : NOT THERE
 * Optional: Default value ( and set in all contructors ) - not there
 * Optional: #include the file where the type is defined - not there
 * Optional: Properties ( Read - Write ) - not there
             for properties method, let user edit method's name and parameters
             if only one method is used to read and write into this variable.
		Example: ( Default param value in declaration. Here I show it ).
                int MyClass::Counter( bool bReset=false ){
                    if( bReset ) myCounter = 0;
                    return myCounter;
                }
 * Optional: Read method return modifier: ( by value(default), address(*) and
	     by reference(&) may be choosable).

 * And what is done when creating an array attribute?

  This is something I've done (and more but not released)  for Kdevelop 2.x.x

If I am conflicting with somebody's WIP then read this message as suggestions
and tell me so I will not continue this work.

Regards,
Bretzel