current cvs build fails!?

Daniel Franke daniel.franke at imbs.uni-luebeck.de
Sat Aug 30 16:12:11 UTC 2003

[...]
> *** Postprocessing Makefile templates
> Too many arguments for open at admin/am_edit line 535, near "$makefile)
>         "
> Execution of admin/am_edit aborted due to compilation errors.
> gmake[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
> gmake: *** [all] Error 2

Does anybody know when this code snipplet was introduced in 'admin/am_edit',
line 530 and following?
--snip--
    # Checking for files to process...

    # perl bug in 5.8.0: in utf8 mode it badly screws up
    if($] >= 5.008 && $] < 5.008001) {
      open (FILEIN, "<:bytes", $makefile)
        || die "Could not open $makefileDir/$makefile: $!\n";
    }
    else {
      open (FILEIN, $makefile)
        || die "Could not open $makefileDir/$makefile: $!\n";
    }
--/snip--

I had to comment out everything but the open() in the else-branch to get
--
*** Postprocessing Makefile templates
--
working again.

I'm using solaris 8 and perl 5.8.0 from sunfreeware.com

regards
	Daniel