some problems with gba template in kdevelop

Yannick Cholette yannick.cholette at polymtl.ca
Thu Aug 14 18:04:02 UTC 2003

Hi all!

I mess around a little with the hello world template for the gba. I found out
that it is not working very well 'out of the box', so i thought I could tell
you what I did to make this work.

* by default, the configure script in not run with the '--host=arm-gcc-elf
--build=i386' arguments like it says in the readme file. I had to add manualy
set them in the configure options. What i dont understand is that those
options are set in the parts/appwizard/chello_gba/app.kdevelop file and it
doesnt seems to be in the $PROJECTNAME.kdevelop file after you have created a
project, but maybe im all wrong and those files are totally unrelated.

* As you may know, there are some problems with the devkit advance related to
the linker script and the crt0.o file. You have to supply your own and tell
the linker to use your script and to link with crt0.o. So what I did is that
I put my linker script and the crt0.o file in the src directory of my project
and added to following options to it:

under the configure options panel:

general tab:
Linker flags (LDFLAGS): -T lnkscript crt0.o

C tab
compiler command (CC): arm-agb-elf-gcc
compiler flags (CFLAGS): -nostartfiles

So, with my workarounds, each time you create a gba projects, you should set
those options and put the linker script and the crt0.o file in the src
directory.

I also have the time to write a new README file, so if you think that is a
good idea and you approve my solutions, i could give it a shot.

yannick