kdevelop 2.1.x and non gcc compilers

Iztok Kobal iztok.kobal at sysen.si
Sun Aug 10 23:47:02 UTC 2003

Alexander Dymo wrote:

>On Friday 08 August 2003 10:00, Iztok Kobal wrote:
>

>>1. Gideon crashes too many times, especially at project close.
>>

>Some times reinstalling helps, some times make clean; make; make install.

Well, Amilcar has advised similarly.

>>2. It compiles with the qt-3.0.5 / kdelibs-3.0.5 but it seems that even
>>if it does not report that some slot/signal connects would not exist
>>they are not working properly - I allways give up with the debugger
>>which is unuseful. Since I am stick to the standard production
>>development enviroment on my project I can not use higher qt / kdelibs
>>versions.
>>

>Run gideon from console, missing/unconnected signals/slots will be reported
>there for sure.

They are indeed:

QObject::connect: No such slot
GDBDebugger::DisassembleWidget::slotBPState(const Breakpoint&)
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')
QObject::connect: No such slot
KFileTreeView::slotMouseButtonPressed(int,QListViewItem*,const QPoint&,int)
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')
QObject::connect: No such signal KateDocument::fileNameChanged(const KURL&)
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')

But I don't really see them connected with the GDB window. Except for
the first one but as I have already pointed out the Dissasembly window
works correctly during debugging session.

>>4. I have made the patch for the KDevelop-2.1 cross-platform development
>>support (build configs) and I prefer its configuration over KDevelop-3's
>>

>Maybe you will write your great patch for 3.0 ;)

I will if it does not work when I decide to use KDevelop-3

>>5. I simply can not find (if implemented at all) the distribution
>>mechanism over make install (which files are to be copied where).
>>KDevelop-2.1 had its configurations as right_click->properties over the
>>file within project and setting was then written into the local
>>directory's Makefile.am
>>

>There are prefixes mechanism which you can use (Subproject options
>dialog, "Prefixes" tab).  Define a prefix, set a path for the prefix,
>create a target in that prefix and add files to the target.
>It's much better than the previous way of things.

Another thing which I must try a little bit more, obviously.

>>Gideon does indeed look good and has its future. But to use it for the
>>serious work on the serious project is just too soon. As we needed to
>>wait for the KDevelop-2 we need to wait till the KDevelop-3.1 or even
>>KDevelop-4.
>>

>Please test it extensively so we could have it ready for production for 3.0,
>not later :)

But I am only another brick in the wall.

Iztok