kdevelop 2.1.x and non gcc compilers

Alexander Dymo cloudtemple at mksat.net
Fri Aug 8 22:02:05 UTC 2003

On Friday 08 August 2003 10:00, Iztok Kobal wrote:
> 1. Gideon crashes too many times, especially at project close.
Some times reinstalling helps, some times make clean; make; make install.

> 1.a The Recently Opened Projects list is broken (which is just a minor
> problem)
NA to all mdi modes, only ideal has this bug. Will be fixed, for sure;)

> 2. It compiles with the qt-3.0.5 / kdelibs-3.0.5 but it seems that even
> if it does not report that some slot/signal connects would not exist
> they are not working properly - I allways give up with the debugger
> which is unuseful. Since I am stick to the standard production
> development enviroment on my project I can not use higher qt / kdelibs
> versions.
Run gideon from console, missing/unconnected signals/slots will be reported
there for sure.

> 4. I have made the patch for the KDevelop-2.1 cross-platform development
> support (build configs) and I prefer its configuration over KDevelop-3's
Maybe you will write your great patch for 3.0 ;)

> 5. I simply can not find (if implemented at all) the distribution
> mechanism over make install (which files are to be copied where).
> KDevelop-2.1 had its configurations as right_click->properties over the
> file within project and setting was then written into the local
> directory's Makefile.am
There are prefixes mechanism which you can use (Subproject options
dialog, "Prefixes" tab).  Define a prefix, set a path for the prefix,
create a target in that prefix and add files to the target.
It's much better than the previous way of things.

> Gideon does indeed look good and has its future. But to use it for the
> serious work on the serious project is just too soon. As we needed to
> wait for the KDevelop-2 we need to wait till the KDevelop-3.1 or even
> KDevelop-4.
Please test it extensively so we could have it ready for production for 3.0,
not later :)

--
Alexander Dymo
Ukrainian State Maritime Technical University, IT Department