gideon alpha 4...

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Mon Apr 21 21:28:04 UTC 2003

Holger Schröder wrote:

>yeah, i know that, but i would like to have the possibility to build the
>latest _compilable_ version from cvs. one way to solve this would be to have
>a machine around, that does nothing else than checking out and trying to
>build gideon and on success update a moving cvs tag like LATEST_COMPILABLE to
>that version, or the other would be to place the date and time of that build
>on some website, from where the gentoo ebuild system could load it to know
>from what time it should build gideon...

There's noone who commits stuff that is known as not compilable. It
always compiles for a single person locally.
The compile and link problems are the result of the existence of so many
distributions and versions the people use today.
To ensure that what you want, we would have to set up a farm of
compilers always checking the cvs.... But that's why we have a
mailing-list. ;)

>otherwise people would end up with compiling gideon for several hours and
>somewhere in the end of the compile it fails, which is bad...

Fix gcc!!! ;-) Its sources are available, too.
A project of the same size as Gideon compiles in 5 minutes on
Win32/MSVC(precompiled-headers) :-P

Cheers
F at lk