Watch window broken (again)

falk.brettschneider at gmx.de falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Tue Apr 8 11:49:02 UTC 2003

> jbb wrote:
>
> > Yes it's particularly ugly atm. And the framestack is also broken with
> > threads
> >
> > I've just commited some changes which should fix the framestack, and the
> > commit includes bravest4r's "show types in variable view". More to come
> > here ...
> It doesn't seem to be fixed (yet). The same problems are there. Also I
> cannot say that I like the new position of Variables/Watch in the bottom,
> below the editor. This means that you have to constantly switch between
> the
> watch view and the Application view if you want to see the debug output
> and
> the watched variables
Use one of the QextMDI UI mode. Then you can easily dock the outputview and
the varwatch view side by side. Indeed, if you use the IDEAl UI mode, you
have bad luck! :-P

To fix this, that would require in general to extend the mainwindow
interface by introducing an additional parameter 'row index number' for the
embedView() call for outputviews. Just to force the outputview to be placed in the
second row below the debugger watchview. Like in MSVC...

Anyway my opinion concerning to the appearance of the debugger views is to
copy the UI design of MSVC. It's quite convinient there.

Ciao
F at lk