Watch window broken (again)

Andras Mantia amantia at freemail.hu
Tue Apr 8 10:58:05 UTC 2003

jbb wrote:

> Yes it's particularly ugly atm. And the framestack is also broken with
> threads
>
> I've just commited some changes which should fix the framestack, and the
> commit includes bravest4r's "show types in variable view". More to come
> here ...
It doesn't seem to be fixed (yet). The same problems are there. Also I
cannot say that I like the new position of Variables/Watch in the bottom,
below the editor. This means that you have to constantly switch between the
watch view and the Application view if you want to see the debug output and
the watched variables, and it's also not convenient, when you want to
switch to a different function in the Frame Stack. The only benefit I see
now is that you can see longer values, but you cannot watch too many
variables, as the window is tall (and even the maximum height that you can
give it is half of the height that it could have in the left area, and your
editor becomes very small...)

Andras