Is the class wizard working for others?

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Fri Apr 4 16:30:07 UTC 2003

On Thursday 03 April 2003 03:19 pm, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Thursday 03 April 2003 14:44, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> > I've tried twice to create a new class in a project.  In both cases I
> > ended up with a header and source file with only the comment headings.
> > There were no class declarations nor definitions.  No source code nor
> > preprocessor directives at all.
> >
> > Is there something missing here, or am I doing something wrong?  The same
> > basic steps in kdevelop 2.5.1 produce simple classes ready to compile.
>
> Steven, as I can see from your mails, you most likelly have a
> problem with gideon installation.
>
> Please try to remove
> kdev* and gideon directories
> from $HOME/.kde/share/apps,
> gideonrc and kdev*rc from $HOME/.kde/share/config
>  and run gideon again.
>
> If the problem persists, please try to remove those dirs from
> $KDEDIR/share/apps and $KDEDIR/share/config and reinstall gideon
> (make install).

Does this mean KDevelop 2.5.1 and Gideon could be conflicting with each other?

I did what you suggested, and things seem to be working now.  Thank you very
much for the advice.

This is why I like orthogonal installations.  That is, I like to have
everything relevant to a particular application installed in a single
application-specific subdirectory, and not in /usr/lib /usr/bin /usr/man
/usr/local/bin, /opt/kde3/share/config, /opt/kde/share/config ....  Obviously
others don't see it my way, and perhaps my way would be more trouble than
it's worth.

FWIW, this is my record of starting over.

$ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde co kdevelop
$ cd kdevelop/
$ make -f Makefile.cvs

$ cat ~/verify-gideon-clean
#!/bin/bash
echo HOME=$HOME
echo KDEDIR=$KDEDIR
echo GIDEON_HOME=$GIDEON_HOME

ls $GIDEON_HOME
ls $HOME/.kde/share/apps/kdev*
ls $HOME/.kde/share/apps/gideon*
ls $HOME/.kde/share/config/kdev*
ls $HOME/.kde/share/config/gideon*
ls $KDEDIR/share/apps/kdev*
ls $KDEDIR/share/apps/gideon*
ls $KDEDIR/share/config/kdev*
ls $KDEDIR/share/config/gideon*

$ ~/verify-gideon-clean.sh
HOME=/home/hattons
KDEDIR=/opt/kde3
GIDEON_HOME=/home/hattons/opt/org/kdevelop
ls: /home/hattons/opt/org/kdevelop: No such file or directory
ls: /home/hattons/.kde/share/apps/kdev*: No such file or directory
ls: /home/hattons/.kde/share/apps/gideon*: No such file or directory
ls: /home/hattons/.kde/share/config/kdev*: No such file or directory
ls: /home/hattons/.kde/share/config/gideon*: No such file or directory
ls: /opt/kde3/share/apps/kdev*: No such file or directory
ls: /opt/kde3/share/apps/gideon*: No such file or directory
ls: /opt/kde3/share/config/kdev*: No such file or directory
ls: /opt/kde3/share/config/gideon*: No such file or directory

$ mkdir ../build
$ cd ../build

$ cat ../my-setup.sh
export GIDEON_HOME=/home/hattons/opt/org/kdevelop
export KDEDIR=/opt/kde3
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3
export PREFIX=$GIDEON_HOME
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib:$LIBRARY_PATH
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
export CXXFLAGS="-g3 -O0"
export KDEDIRS=$PREFIX

export MY_KDEVELOP_OPTS=" --enable-debug\
 --prefix=$PREFIX\
 --enable-nmcheck\
 --enable-scripting\
 --enable-pch\
 --enable-javasupport\
 --with-kkcc\
"

$ . ../my-setup.sh

$ ../kdevelop/configure $MY_KDEVELOP_OPTS

$ head config.log

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by configure, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.57.  Invocation command line was

  $ ../kdevelop/configure --enable-debug
--prefix=/home/hattons/opt/org/kdevelop --enable-nmcheck --enable-scripting
--enable-pch --enable-javasupport --with-kkcc

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##

$ make && make install

$ hash -r

$ cd ~
$ cat set-gideon-env.sh
#!/bin/bash
export PATH=$GIDEON_HOME/bin:$PATH
export KDEDIRS=$GIDEON_HOME
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GIDEON_HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

kbuildsycoca

echo -e PATH=\"${PATH//:/:'\\'\\n}\"
echo -e LD_LIBRARY_PATH=\"${LD_LIBRARY_PATH//:/:'\\'\\n}\"
echo "QTDIR=$QTDIR"
echo "KDEDIR=$KDEDIR"
echo "KDEDIRS=$KDEDIRS"
echo "GIDEON_HOME=$GIDEON_HOME"