Documentation

Caleb Tennis caleb at aei-tech.com
Thu Apr 3 23:14:02 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 05:07 pm, Peter Bradley wrote:
> I'm not sure if I'm posting to the correct place but ...
>
> For my own benefit I've decided to tidy up the English version of the
> KDevelop documentation.  Not to add or take anything away, but just to make
> it read a bit better (IMHO).  This is not meant as a criticism.  I think
> whoever wrote the existing docs has done a fine job, but I just feel that
> the English could be tidied up a bit here and there.

Thanks for the link, Peter.  Let me make a couple of points, which may help
out all of us:

1) Development has stopped on KDevelop 2.1, and is instead focused on 3.0.
You're more than welcome to document for the older KDevelop version, but it
will have less impact.

2) Documentation for the IDE is stored with the source code in docbook form.
If you wish to add/subtract documentation from there, I recommend working on
the docbook source, which is then used to generate web page like
documentation.

3) Revamping the online tutorials is much needed as well; might I suggest also
going with a docbook based approach, for ease.

4) Most of the online docs are old (ala 1999), and reflect outdated concepts
and code models.  Be careful when updating these that you aren't just making
something that's not true anymore look pretty.

With that, I'm glad someone is interested in this project.  Feel free to
contact me directly with questions or submittals and I'll make sure your work
gets to where it needs to go.

Caleb