Setting the build directory expost facto.

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Tue Apr 1 18:51:01 UTC 2003

I  built a project, and then decided to change the setup so the build took
place in <project root>/build rather than <project root>/src.  When I tried
to reconfigure I got this:

configure:1809: checking whether make sets $(MAKE)
configure:1829: result: yes
configure:1841: error: source directory already configured; run "make
distclean" there first

I got the same message when I tried to make distclean.  How do I untangle this
mess?  Perhaps this would be better directed at the user list, but I am
running gideon so it's hard to judge what is appropreate.

STH