Gideon done falled apart for good this time!

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Tue Apr 1 17:23:04 UTC 2003

On Thursday 27 March 2003 02:47 am, falk.brettschneider at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi!

> Those dock widgets (they are in ./kdelibs/libkdeui.so) are quite
> vulnerable. Small bugs have big effects. ;-)

I'm sure there are people who like the docking feature. ;-)

> If the target widget is set to 'block the docking', docking fails and the
> widget remains undocked on desktop.
> Well, somewhere in KDevelop (around in
> ./kdevelop/lib/qextmdi/src/qextmdimainfrm.cpp or
> ./kdevelop/src/mainwindow.cpp) are a few such bugs concerning to the
> setting of those docking states. Sometimes and somehow the editorview area
> blocks the docking of the the toolviews to its right and bottom side, on
> program start respectively on a UI mode change.
>
> If that was fixed, Gideon wouldn't fall apart any longer.
> Have you got time for investigating a bit with debugging through that
> problem?

Sorry about not getting back to you on this.  I've been having a lot of fun
with KDE 3.1.1 and not being able to compile.  Now that I can compile, I'm
back to Gideon in pieces.

I have a log I captured while reporducing the condition.  It happens as soon
as I open, or create a project.  Let me know how I can provide the log, the
gideonrc, and the backtrace I've collected.  Attachments don't seem to
survive it on this server.  I'm assuming these files would be useful in
trouble shooting.  If not, let me know what I can do to provide useful
information.

> >  Is there a way to blast the cache and
> > restore
> > the settings to defaults?
>
> IIRC the docking state tree is saved to $HOME/.kde/share/config/gideonrc in
> a special section. [Dock state] or something like this... not sure...
> you'll see it...
[dock_setting_default]

[UI]
MDIMode=2
MajorUIMode=QextMDI
maximized childframes=false

[dock_setting_default]
Application:stayButton=false
Application:type=DOCK
Automake Manager:geometry=57,31,1269,862
Automake Manager:stayButton=false
Automake Manager:type=NULL_DOCK
Automake Manager:visible=false
Breakpoints:geometry=57,31,1269,862
Breakpoints:stayButton=false
Breakpoints:type=NULL_DOCK
Breakpoints:visible=false
CVS:geometry=57,31,1269,862
CVS:stayButton=false
CVS:type=NULL_DOCK
CVS:visible=false
Classes:geometry=57,31,1269,862
Classes:stayButton=false
Classes:type=NULL_DOCK
Classes:visible=false
Difference Viewer:stayButton=false
Difference Viewer:type=DOCK
Disassemble:geometry=57,31,1269,862
Disassemble:stayButton=false
Disassemble:type=NULL_DOCK
Disassemble:visible=false
Documentation:stayButton=false
Documentation:type=DOCK
File Groups:geometry=57,31,1269,862
File Groups:stayButton=false
File Groups:type=NULL_DOCK
File Groups:visible=false
File Selector,Documentation,Recent,New File,Classes,File Groups,File
Tree,Messag
es,Application,Difference
Viewer,Valgrind,Grep,Konsole,Problems,Breakpoints,CVS,
mdiAreaCover:first_name=File Selector,Documentation,Recent,New
File,Classes,File
 Groups,File Tree

> Ciao
> F at lk