gideon compile problems and crashes

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 18 18:29:02 UTC 2002

I was trying to get gideon compiled yesterday. There are a lot of files
that have a line
#include filename.moc
at the end but there are no Makefile rules to make the mocs from the
headers files and they dont seem to be necessary either since if I
remove the lines all compiles and links fine.
So, how come these lines are there? Are we using different build
systems?
I have Mandrake-8.2 with the default toolchain, i.e. automake-1.5 and
autoconf-2.5 but also the older 1.4 and 2.something versions.
Maybe someone can enlighten me to this.

Next, javasupport doesnt compile on this machine, I believe I am most
likely missing some devel libraries but I also think that configure
should check for javasupport and disable it if the support libraries
are missing. Please enlighten me if I am doing something stupid.

Finally the vim part crashes gideon after a message advising me to
configure the vim par in KDE? Anybody have any experienec with that?

Finally gideon crashes upon exit. Is that a known problem?

Regards,
Roland