Patch to Complete View Menu

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Mon Oct 21 21:07:07 UTC 2002

Heinz Hornung wrote:

>Hello kdevelop-team,
>gideon was missing a way to bring back closed tree and ouput tool views.

Cool. :-)

>All new GUI elements work approximately similar to those in KDevelop, with one
>exception: If somebody uses the view-menu entry or the action icon "All
>Ouptut Tool-Views" the Window which holds all output tool views will be
>closed.

The reason for not doing this in 2.1 was:
If the user re-docks the output tool-views to several places (e.g.
classview on the right-hand side, docu-view on the left-hand side,
debugger-view to desktop), your approach wont work anymore because there
wont be one parent dock-view for all together. Maybe you should check
your patch concerning this problem.

>I did not find an exact match for KDeveloper's icon "Output View". The hammer
>is missing in the icon I use for Gideon. Perhaps, you know where to find a
>more suitable icon.

Why not take the icon of 2.1?

>I used some Doxygen-style comments to comment  on my changes. I did not check,
>how KDoc will format those comments. If you wish, I can change the style to
>KDoc.

KDoc will ignore it AFAIK. But better is to use KDoc style as far as you
can. Doxygen knows it too and KDoc users can generate the pages as well.

>During my testing, I've noticed a small bug:
>For some reason, the shurtcuts for the new icons stop to work after
>approximately 3 consequtive hits. They will start to work again, if gideon is
>minimised and maximised again.

AFAIK using Qt you must set the accels again after a
QWidget::reparent(). Docking reparents like hell. :-) But it's just a
guess...

>Regards,
>Heinz Hornung

Ciao