Patch to Complete View Menu

Heinz Hornung Hornung-Heinz at t-online.de
Mon Oct 21 10:41:02 UTC 2002

Hello kdevelop-team,
gideon was missing a way to bring back closed tree and ouput tool views. I've
uploaded a patch (viewmenu.patch) to your ftp-server which takes care of
this.

The patch includes two menu items into the view menu:
- submenu "Tree Tool Views" and
- submenu "Output Tool Views"

Additionally, the patch creates a new Toolbar ("View Toolbar") which holds
just 2 icons: One for hiding / showing the output tool views, and one for the
tree tool views.
All new GUI elements work approximately similar to those in KDevelop, with one
exception: If somebody uses the view-menu entry or the action icon "All
Ouptut Tool-Views" the Window which holds all output tool views will be
closed. Opening the view menu again will now display all entries for single
ouput tool views disabled. Clicking again on "All Ouptut Tool-Views" will
bring back the ouput tool views just in the state they have been before.
With KDvelop, all output views would be shown, regardless of their state
before the window was closed.
This is true for the tree views as well.

I did not find an exact match for KDeveloper's icon "Output View". The hammer
is missing in the icon I use for Gideon. Perhaps, you know where to find a
more suitable icon.

I used some Doxygen-style comments to comment  on my changes. I did not check,
how KDoc will format those comments. If you wish, I can change the style to
KDoc.

During my testing, I've noticed a small bug:
For some reason, the shurtcuts for the new icons stop to work after
approximately 3 consequtive hits. They will start to work again, if gideon is
minimised and maximised again.

Applying the patch:
In the directory which holds the kdevelop directory, please use the command:
	patch -c -p0 -i viewmenu.patch

Regards,
Heinz Hornung