newbie wanting to contribute but no idea where to start

Paul Drummond pdrummond at iode.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Oct 20 18:47:04 UTC 2002

Hi All,

I am an experienced C++ developer and I have always wanted to
contribute to an open source project but never got round to it until
I tried out GIDEON alpha - It's exactly the type of project I want to
contribute to.

Any how, I have no idea how an open source project works.  I have
been studying the source code but there is a lot there and I would like
to focus on one area and contribute a small modification to get the
hang of it all.  Are there any small tasks that need doing which would
help me get started learning the application??  I have load of ideas
but feel they are to major for me at the moment so I need to start small
and work my way into KDevelop.

I am also intrigued to know who is currently doing what... This mailing
list is quite sparse at the moment - is there a web page or something
that shows what people are working on, what's been finished and what's
not been started yet?  I have looked at the TODO page on the KDevelop
site but its a bit out of date isn't it???? :)

Anyway, I hope I can help improve this already excellent IDE - cheers

Paul Drummond
pdrummond at iode.fsnet.co.uk