KDevelop 3.0 alpha release 1

Caleb Tennis caleb at aei-tech.com
Mon Oct 7 19:49:02 UTC 2002

On Monday 07 October 2002 05:16 pm, Roland Krause wrote:
> Right now, I'd rather wait, gideon is not that bad of a name after all.
> The "G" is a bit discerning --- just kidding!

Yeah, after thinking about this I agree too.  Plus, as Harry pointed out, you
can keep your existing kdevelop is parallel and use it if you need to.

> Does it compile now with KDE-3.0.4? We've had problems before? I
> believe the alpha release should compile cleanly on at least the Linux
> platforms. All parts should either compile cleanly or be disabled by
> default.

I think the major holdup is qeditor, since between .3 and .4 (or was it .4 and
.5?) the trolls switched some of the function and classnames in for
QTextParagraphData.

I don't have the ability at the moment to check compliation with < 3.0.5, but
I do know it works fine with 3.1beta1.

> Also I want to suggest to go to the first beta right away. Rather have
> a buggy beta than none at all. For a beta the parts should work and the
> app shouldnt crash too often.

Can you elaborate on this?  Do you mean completely skip alpha?

Caleb