KDevelop 3.0 alpha release 1

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 19:17:03 UTC 2002

Caleb,
Congratulations and thanks!

--- Caleb Tennis <caleb at aei-tech.com> wrote:
> 1. I assume we want to switch back to the name "KDevelop" instead of
> Gideon.
> Does anyone object?
Right now, I'd rather wait, gideon is not that bad of a name after all.
The "G" is a bit discerning --- just kidding!

> 3. Min requirements are KDE3.0 and Qt3.0.5, correct?

Does it compile now with KDE-3.0.4? We've had problems before? I
believe the alpha release should compile cleanly on at least the Linux
platforms. All parts should either compile cleanly or be disabled by
default.

Also I want to suggest to go to the first beta right away. Rather have
a buggy beta than none at all. For a beta the parts should work and the
app shouldnt crash too often.

Roland