advice

Yann Hodique Yann.Hodique at lifl.fr
Sun Oct 6 16:13:05 UTC 2002

Hi,

On Sun, 06 Oct 2002 14:55:39 +0200
Victor Röder <victor_roeder at gmx.de> wrote:

> My suggestion is, not to release Gideon within the determined KDE
> release cycles but to have an independent release cycle like KOffice.
> I must admit that I don't know what happens with those translations,
> documentations, and if we can stay in the KDE-CVS.
>
> Maybe the first alpha release we can release this month and let us see
> if there are people interested in Gideon (programming).
>
> Bye,
>     Victor

I'm not sure it would be a good idea to lose synchronization with KDE now : Gideon alone would be less visible than with KDE. I think doing that would reduce the number of potential users, testers and finally developpers.

Gideon seems pretty stable to me, is it really too late to have an alpha release with KDE 3.1 ?

Bye.
Yann