Extendibility

Max listposter at machsim.com
Wed Oct 2 15:34:02 UTC 2002

Hello Everybody,

I have been using kdevelop for over a year now, I am happy, but I shall
confess I have tried ever other IDE to find sth better, but still
KDevelop looks more confortable. But I have question.

When the new generation KDevelop is available, will it be possible to
extend the IDE by plugins ? I believe this is definitely required and it
would be very useful to be able to build plugins with C/C++ or
preferably python in KDevelop. I am looking for plugins for code
refactoring,  templates, more powerful finding in files, auto commenting
methods, design pattern awareness and other OO approaches. Some of this
functionality is really simple since they can be done by simply
modifying the selected text.

If the new version of KDevelop is far in the future, they can be added
on the current stable version. I would like to participate in efforts of
discussion / design / implementation.

Regards,