Gideon toolbar icons on KDE-3.0.x

Falk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Wed Nov 27 09:29:02 UTC 2002

Hi!
I found out, that because of 2 "bugs" in the project, most toolbar icons are
not working when running Gideon on KDE-3.0.x.

First, gideon/pics/toolbar/Makefile.am just contains
  KDE_ICON = AUTO
which isn't processed by the admin/am_edit script from the KDE_3_0_BRANCH
(which means all KDE-3.0.x versions). The fix is to use:
  gideontoolbardir=......
  gideontoolbar_DATA=.....
This works with both ones, KDE-3.1 and 3.0.

Second, KDE-3.0.x has the hicolor icon theme as default. That's why calling
'make install' for those crystal icon theme toolbar icon files (cr16-....png,
cr22-...png, cr32-....png) has no effect there. I found out that copying all
those files to the hicolor file prefix (hi16-....png, hi22-....png,
hi32-....png) helps, and running Gideon succeeds for the loading of the toolbar
icons. At the moment only the cr... png files are in CVS. I thought the best would
be if ./configure creates symlinks with the "hi" prefix to all the "cr"
files, to avoid a real copy. It's just necessary on KDE-3.0.x. What must I put in
Makefile.am or elsewhere to get the making-symlinks action during the
Makefile generation?

Cheers
F at lk