Code completion improvements

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at kde.org
Mon Nov 25 16:43:05 UTC 2002

Am Mon, 2002-11-25 um 04.26 schrieb Hamish Rodda:
> Hi,
>
> I've fiddled with the code completion stuff in Kate to try to make it easier
> to use.  The attached patch aligns the text and postfix parts of each code
> completion entry, and allows implementations to set headings - see attached
> screenshot.  It's obviously not perfect yet, I'm posting to see what people
> think...
>
> * I guess it would be best to use the document's highlighting definitions to
> determine the colours & font attributes?
>
> * Should kate handle the truncating of overly long prefixes?

Yes, that could be usefull. Replacing XYZXYZXYZXYZ by XYZXYZ...

> * is the type field supposed to be used for things like these?

I can't rember what that field had been planned for. It could be that it
is still there from Victor Röder. I'm not sure though. I guess the idea
had been to differentiate eg between properties, protected members,
public members, .... and eg show them with different colors. The type
field isn't really documented and kate didn't use it yet, so I guess
nobody else is using it either, so it could be used for your purpose and
should be documented in the interfaces in the next kde release.

> Thoughts / comments welcome.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hamish.
> ----