Code completion improvements

Hamish Rodda meddie at yoyo.its.monash.edu.au
Mon Nov 25 04:27:06 UTC 2002

Hi,

I've fiddled with the code completion stuff in Kate to try to make it easier
to use.  The attached patch aligns the text and postfix parts of each code
completion entry, and allows implementations to set headings - see attached
screenshot.  It's obviously not perfect yet, I'm posting to see what people
think...

* I guess it would be best to use the document's highlighting definitions to
determine the colours & font attributes?

* Should kate handle the truncating of overly long prefixes?

* is the type field supposed to be used for things like these?

Thoughts / comments welcome.

Cheers,

Hamish.