Playing with gideon

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Sat Nov 16 18:27:04 UTC 2002

Hi,

On Saturday 16 November 2002 11:50, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> I use now Gideon as my daily tool for development. It is really great.
> But I think there are at least one thing to fix if you want more and
> more developers to use it - and so do bug reporting: fix the shortcut
> mess. The default installation of gideon shares some shortcuts with
> the katepart. It leads to strange behaviour. Some of my friends won't
> have used it if I didn't explained the problem to them.

Can you fix that? It would be nice if you could find out the clashes and send
proposals how to avoid them.

> And some bugs. These are not very grave bugs but leads to important
> usability issues:
[...]

yes, the classparser is not perfect yet.

> 	- in IDEAI mode, if the dialog that has to be displayed in a dock is
> too big for it (for example "parent classes"), it is truncated (no
> problem here), but the splitter of the dock isn't displayed anymore
> and gets back only if I restart gideon.

what do you mean with "parent classes"?

> Now, a personnal wishlist:
> 	- in IDEAI mode, add a key that closes the dock on which the mouse is
> over.  It would be a very great improvement because the way the docks
> hide themselves is far from perfect.

Yes, that's also high on my wishlist so I just fixed it ;) Just do a cvs
update and press ALT-L, ALT-R, ALT-U (twice to change back again). I hope I
didn't include any new clashes ;)

Best regards,
Harry