STL docs in Gideon? (was: Re: playing with gideon)

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Sat Nov 9 22:50:06 UTC 2002

Hi Sebastian!

Sebastian Kratzert wrote:

>Am Friday 08 November 2002 23:18 schrieb August Hörandl:
>

>>Am Sonntag, 3. November 2002 21:34 schrieb Sebastian Kratzert:
>>

>>>In the Makefile.am of STL there is the install part disabled.
>>>Somebody knows why?
>>>Additionally there are no .html and no mechanism for their creation
>>>in Makefile.am, only .gif's and .h's
>>>Sadly I don't know how to create the html files.
>>>

>>i searched
>>* the cvs attic
>>http://kdewebcvs.pandmservices.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdevelop/doc/stl/Atti
>>c/ there they are ;-)
>>* http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/download.html -
>>  if you go to "Download the STL documentation" - there they are, too
>>
>>i copied the files frm sgi to
>>  /opt/kde3/share/doc/HTML/en/kdevdoctreeview/stl
>>and gideon is happy ;-)
>>
>>this raises some questions:
>>- Why were these files removed? the copyright seems to allow
>>  distribution
>>

>I found something in the mailarchive.
>http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdevelop-devel&m=98866703216376&w=2
>

>>- if the files aren't included into gideon, there should be "dummy html"
>>  files with the install instructions
>>

>If 2MB of zipped files aren't to much I would include them in gideon.

Are you joking?!
2MB is way too much for such (unimportant) stuff. It doesn't belong to
an IDE. Maybe to another extra CVS module for such documentation.
The dead files in the Attic should be permanently removed. cvs admin
.... or similar.

This raises the question of splitting the KDevelop-3 plugins and
ressources in several cvs modules or release-packages.

Ciao
F at lk