team interview

Marcus Gruendler lists at tamalin.de
Thu May 23 14:59:03 UTC 2002

On Thursday 23 May 2002 00:35, falk.brettschneider at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Philippe FREMY wrote:
> >- What editors are available with kdevelop ? any plan for future ?
>
> Well, I know many of the KDE hackers avoid KDevelop because they miss
> the Emacs editor. We've got the KWrite, Kate, NEdit and QEditor
> integration in Gideon but the actual killer feature would be the Emacs
> integration. Unfortunately, we haven't found someone able and willing to
> implement that interface. Philippe, maybe you can do some advertisment
> for that job. ;-)

Hi,

I have done some work on Emacs integration in Gideon last year. I managed to
embed (swallow via QXEmbed) emacs into the gideon user interface, but there
were problems with key strokes and other strange things. I finally stopped
working on this issue because there was a library change swithing from the
KEditor interface to the KTextEditor interface.

Maybe I could start some investigation on this issue again. But I think I will
need some help, because I'm not very familiar with the document/view model
and how to map this concept to emacs'es buffers.

Bye, Marcus.