CMakeOutputView revisited - patch

Marcus Gruendler lists at tamalin.de
Thu May 16 15:03:06 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 21:41, falk.brettschneider at gmx.de wrote:
[...]
> No, it's still our tag. Well, in this case your patch should indeed be
> applied!
> Although, unfortunately, it will be available in KDevelop-2.1.2 since
> KDE-3.0.1 has been tagged on 08/05/2002, already. The packages including
> KDevelop-2.1.1 should be announced very soon.

That's a pity, so I was too late for the fix. Maybe you can put it on the web
site for others to download.

> >I don't know whether there are problems with other Qt versions. I am using
> >Qt-3.0.4 from the Troll's ftp server which I compiled myself. My system is
> > a SuSE 7.3 so it shouldn't be a problem with SuSE 8.0.
>
> I use Qt-3.0.3 of qt-copy and SuSE-7.3. So it looks like a newly
> introduced Qt-problem. Gee, sometimes I HATE this frequence of such Qt
> releases untested with KDE. It can completely mess up whole KDE
> application versions which worked before without problems.

Indeed! Aarrgh (see below ;o)

> >Nevertheless, I don't think my patch would break with another Qt version
> > since the tags I added are valid tags. If you want, I can check with
> > Qt-3.0.3 ? I will do that tomorrow,
>
> That would be beaut. Please, let me know.

Okay here is my story... I tested my patch with Qt-3.0.3 and it behaved
different. In this version of Qt, the RichText widget inserts an extra
newline at the end of each paragraph. I couldn't turn this off even when
playing with style sheet parameters.

So we have the situation that with Qt-3.0.3 the paragraph rendering is strange
(or even buggy) and with Qt-3.0.4 the <br> tag does not work properly. Since
I don't know which behaviour is correct and will remain in the future, I've
found a work around. Now I'm only using the font tag and told the widget to
render it in block mode. This works both with Qt-3.0.3 and Qt-3.0.4!

My new patch is attached to my mail again.

Bye, Marcus