CMakeOutputView revisited - patch

Marcus Gruendler lists at tamalin.de
Wed May 15 20:00:06 UTC 2002

Hi all,

Some time ago I posted a patch that fixed the CMakeOutputWidget in order to
jump to errors. This patch was for KDevelop 2.1 under KDE 2.2.x. Now I have
updated my system to KDE 3 and wanted to use KDevelop again.

Unfortunately there was a problem with the CMakeOutputWidget again. This time
all compiler messages were put into one line and word wrapped at the widget
border. This is quite annoying since it is hardly possible to understand any
compiler error or warning. And even worse, it was not possible to jump to an
error via F4/Shift F4.

So I had another look at the source and have provided a patch for the problem.
For those who are interested in the details: The rich text tags of the line
had to be changed from

And I switched word wrapping of. Now everything works fine under KDE3. I
didn't change anything for KDE 2.x since the code is seperated by #ifdefs.

I know that the KDE_2_2_BRANCH of KDevelop is actually closed, but this patch
fixes a heavy bug (or mis-feature ;) which makes KDevelop unusable under
KDE3. So I kindly ask you to apply the patch for an upcoming service release
of KDE.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me...

Bye, Marcus