KDevelop team interview

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Thu May 9 19:41:02 UTC 2002

Hi,

sorry for replying so late, but I was out of town last week...

> - Who is working on kdevelop ?

me :) I'm studying computer science for 3 and a half years now and will
hopefully finish this summer.

> - How did you get started ?

I was looking for a good IDE and KDevelop was the most mature one. I found
some usability thingies in KDevelop pre-2.0 and fixed them. As so often with
open source, the guys who do the work do the decisions so I became a part of
the KDevelop team.

I'm investing about 4-10 hours per week for KDE/KDevelop and do wherever I see
the need for improvements, which is mostly bug-fixing and usability
improvements.

> - How long ago ?

April 2000.

Best regards,