KDevelop team interview

Eray Ozkural erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr
Tue May 7 17:43:04 UTC 2002

On Thursday 02 May 2002 17:26, Philippe FREMY wrote:
> 2. The team
> - Who is working on kdevelop ?
> - How did you get started ?
> - How long ago ?
> -> everybody please present himself

Me, too. ;)

I'm a PhD student at Comp. Sci. Dept. at Bilkent University, Ankara. My
research interests are data mining, parallel programming and AI in general. I
started using KDE regularly after the incredible 2.2 release.

I've began contributing to kdevelop about 6 months ago. I added debian
packaging for gideon branch (HEAD) and then I fixed a few small bugs. I also
added some features to kdevelop 2 editor and fixed a few trivial bugs, code
which was last replaced by the new editor IIRC. :)

As a result I'm now using mostly xemacs ;)

My current gideon project is a part that will enable navigation of code. For
that I have been planning to use sourcenav but it's a little more complicated
than it seems. I will join in the new sourcenav development at sourceforge.
For this to work, however, one will have to make sure that the implementation
of the source database is transparent to end users, a problem on which I have
not worked on yet. Ahem. Right now, most of my volunteer time is going to a
berkeley DB front end that I am working on. I plan to use this code in both
noatun and gideon. (Now that sounds cyberpunk)

Another project that I have in mind would be integration of new editors to
gideon. I've determined a few interesting targets to that end.

Sincerely,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
www: http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~erayo  Malfunction: http://mp3.com/ariza