KDevelop team interview

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Mon May 6 11:44:02 UTC 2002

Hi!

Sorry for the late answer, but I was offline the last 3 days. (I had and have
problems with my internet connection at home)

> 1. The project
> - How was the project started ? When, by whom, ...
Victor and the others wrote already some stuff about it. I just want to add
that the first release (version 0.1) was on 22. Sept. 1998.

> 2. The team
> - Who is working on kdevelop ?
I work currently on the Gideon/KDevelop version, mainly to add PHP and GBA
(Gameboy Adv. :-)) support. Gideon is a complete new IDE initial written by
Bernd Gehrmann.

> - How did you get started ?
I have implemented the first "framework" and was the maintainer until
KDevelop 1.3. Then I reduced my input to the project and write only some
codelines for Gideon/KDevelop now.

> - How long ago ?
beginning of July 1998, it was a nice summer. :-)

Ciao!
Sandy