KDevelop team interview

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Sun May 5 13:44:02 UTC 2002

  Philippe FREMY wrote:

>	Hi,
>
>As announced, I will begin the interview. I'll submit the questions by bunch
>instead of all at once, to have more of the interactive feeling. Please
>answer on the mailing list. Do not hesitate to make lengthy answer with lot
>of details or unrelated info; do not hesitate to start off a discussion.
>This is what makes an interview more intersting to read.
>
>So, here is the first list of questions:
>
>1. The project
>- How was the project started ? When, by whom, ...
>
>2. The team
>- Who is working on kdevelop ?

My name is Walter Tasin and I'm working in the Munich University of
Applied Sciences/Dept. Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
(since 1991). Apart from working I've begun last year to study again to
give my actual degree an international name ;-).
Location: nearby Munich, Germany
Nationality: Italian

>- How did you get started ?

In May 1999 the Dept. gave my the task to look for an easy to use IDE
for programming linux console apps. So surfin' around I found kdevelop,
which looked very promising to me and I began to write patches for
KDevelop 0.4 to solve some crashes.
Since KDevelop 1.0 I'm official member of the KDevelop team.
general task description:
  bugfixing, general enhancements in usability,

if I find the time I also take care of
  console-projects, autoconf/automake-stuff inside kdevelop, etc. ...

>- How long ago ?
>-> everybody please present himself
>

>	PHilippe

Ciao

Walter

--
Diese Mail ist haltbar bis: Siehe Rueckseite.