kdevelop + kde3 (suse8) - bug ?

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Fri May 3 22:40:06 UTC 2002

Hi August,

August Hörandl wrote:

>questions:
>- is the "ASCII file" question new ?

No. But this feature was added in KDevelop-2.0 for all files which
couldn't be loaded as ASCII file in KDevelop. Try to manually edit a .po
file with KDevelop 1.4, you can't. It was very bad.

>i don't remember this from
>  kde2. maybe it should be explained "no will open with designer"
>  or better label the buttons "ascii" and "designer", or if it is
>  a generic dialog
>
> the labels could be "editor" or "ascii" and
>  "application" or "external program"

MSVC allows to specify the loading type in a combobox of the file
dialog. For instance one type is "as ASCII file". In my opinion it's a
good solution.

>- what should be done that the designer knows the right filename
>  right away ? is this a designer bug ?

No idea.

Ciao
F at lk