'Go to decl./def.' feature

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 21 09:07:02 UTC 2002

Hi,
I installed KDevelop-2.1currentcvs on all machines here in the company,
and all colleagues haven't complained about anything since 24 hours. :-)

.....except one thing...!....
All of them came to me after 2 hours and told me that the context menu
shows 'Go to declaration/definition' and 'Switch header/source' but it
doesn't work.
Well, after switching on the ctags database creation in
Options-->KDevelopSettings-->Documentation it worked well.

But it signals to me that we have a bad solution concerning that
handling. It's here 100% not intuitive why it doesn't work and to find
out how to enable the feature.

I have 2 suggestions that we should fix these days:
Either we disable the context menu items if ctags database is checked
off or we enable ctags database by default.

What do you think about that?
Personally, I like the first one.

Cheers
F at lk