Use of admin directory in project templates

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Thu Mar 21 08:47:03 UTC 2002

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 11:30:06PM -0800, John Firebaugh wrote:
> As I understand it, we specifically allow and support development of
> commercial software with kdevelop. So how is it that we can claim this, but
> distribute project templates all of which contain GPL'd source, i.e. most of
> the scripts and templates in the admin directory?

Where exactly do you see a problem with the files in admin/ ?

There is

a) no direct linkage involved

b) the m4 stuff is LGPL

c) the libtool scripts, etc. are GPL with the following exception:

# As a special exception to the GNU General Public License, if you
# distribute this file as part of a program that contains a
# configuration script generated by Autoconf, you may include it
# under
# the same distribution terms that you use for the rest of that
# program.

Simon