Use of admin directory in project templates

John Firebaugh jfirebaugh at kde.org
Thu Mar 21 08:31:03 UTC 2002

As I understand it, we specifically allow and support development of
commercial software with kdevelop. So how is it that we can claim this, but
distribute project templates all of which contain GPL'd source, i.e. most of
the scripts and templates in the admin directory?

Seems to me that we must a) provide separate project templates that are truly
free for commercial development, or b) modify the project templates not to
use GPL'd sources, or c) state clearly that the project templates must be
used only for open source projects, and that commercial project must start
projects from scratch.

later,
John